Bitcoin hosting services provide a platform for people to enjoy the benefits of bitcoin, such as the ability to transact with it and have it securely stored. If you are looking for a website hosting provider, you should know that there is no one-size-fits-all solution and that your needs will depend on your specific requirements.
To find the best WordPress hosting providers, you should consider factors such as price, reliability, security, customer service and performance.
Bitcoin hosting services are gaining in popularity because they allow people to use bitcoins in their everyday life. They also provide more privacy than traditional websites because they don’t require any personal information from their users.
Although bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are growing in popularity, there are still relatively few web hosts that accept cryptocurrency payments – and not all of them are fast and reliable enough to host your website. You shouldn’t have to compromise on things like features, performance, and security just to remain anonymous when you buy hosting.
Most big companies are still making their first steps in the bitcoin hosting market. It’s the smaller hosts that are leading the charge, and while some of them provide phenomenal hosting solutions, others are a recipe for disaster. The good news is that there are several major hosts that are accepting cryptocurrency. Hostinger is already fantastic value for money, but what about the other hosts that accept bitcoin as currency?
Well, I tested the companies myself to help you avoid a potential tragedy. Read on and make sure you put your crypto coins to good use.
Table of Contents
Short on Time? Here Are the Best Web Hosts That Accept Bitcoin and Other Crypto Payments in February 2023:
- Hostinger – Uptime is 99.9% and up, performance is fast, support is available 24/7, and multiple cryptocurrencies are accepted.
- Hostwinds – Unlimited space and bandwidth, a choice between two US and one European data centers, and a money-back guarantee that works with crypto payments.
- Namecheap – Cheap domain names, reliable hosting, and free domain protection, from a host that really values your privacy.
What We Look For in the Best Web Hosting Companies that Accept Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies
With each hosting company on this list, you can expect:
- Payment through a cryptocurrency payment platform – While some of these hosts allow you to manually transfer funds, it’s much easier to pay using a known crypto payment platform. Bitcoin is accepted by all, but I looked for companies that accept other crypto coins as well.
- Reliable performance and uptime – I’m looking for quality hosting you can actually trust, with high, verified uptimes above 99.9% and fast performance. Take into consideration that real offshore hosting might be situated away from your target audience, which could affect their loading speed.
- Plenty of storage space and bandwidth – Your website needs these resources, no matter how you pay for it. This list does not contain flimsy 500 MB plans that will run out of space after one backup.
- Buying domain names with bitcoin – These hosts also let you purchase a domain name using cryptocurrencies, so nothing can be traced back to your account.
- Extra privacy features – With cryptocurrency, privacy is the name of the game. If your money trail is hidden, but all else is visible, you’re not getting much. The following companies have invested in additional ways to ensure your identity remains private.
1. Hostinger – Cheap Hosting, Excellent Performance, and Multiple Cryptocurrencies Accepted
I mentioned how some big companies are still feeling out the whole cryptocurrency situation, but Hostinger is already all-in. It offers some of the cheapest hosting plans on the market, and now you can opt to pay for them with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. For additional savings, don’t miss our latest Hostinger coupons.
Don’t let the low prices fool you. Our independent performance tests have consistently shown Hostinger to be faster than far more expensive competitors.
Additionally, you’ll get 24/7 access to the company’s support service, available through live chat. Hostinger’s basic plan also offers a sizable 30GB SSD storage and 100GB bandwidth, so it’s not only cheap, it’s great value for money, too.
- Many supported cryptocurrencies – Hostinger supports over 70 cryptocurrencies – whatever your choice of cryptocoin, Hostinger will likely take it. If your selected currency is supported by payment processor CoinGate, you can pay with just a few clicks.
- Great value on advanced plans – Hostinger’s Premium Shared Hosting plan is slightly more expensive, but comes with a free domain name for a year. This makes it the cheaper option overall in the first year. You’ll also get the benefit of more resources, advertising credits, and more.
- 30 GB storage space and 100 GB bandwidth – The most basic shared plan has plenty of space for your needs. More advanced plans come with higher specifications, and powerhouse VPS (virtual private server) machines are also available.
- Domain privacy available for purchase – This feature will hide your domain registration details, making them unavailable to nosy parties running a Whois search on your domain.
|1 in the US, 3 in Europe, 2 in Asia, 1 in South America
2. Hostwinds – Solid Performance With Unlimited Storage
While Hostwinds is more expensive than Hostinger, it’s still well within what I’d consider affordable. It’s probably the best host on this in terms of potential performance. If you know your way around website optimization, you can get some really fast and reliable speeds.
Hostwinds’ shared hosting plans come with unlimited storage, bandwidth, and databases. All hosting solutions can be paid for with cryptocoins, including special privacy features, like Hostwinds’ VPN service and advanced SSL certificates.
- CoinPayments – Hostwinds accepts a wide range of cryptocurrencies using CoinPayments, from the popular bitcoin and Ethereum to lesser-known coins like Digibyte, Qtum, and Dogecoin. Additionally, crypto payments can be refunded as account credit within 30 days of signup.
- Choose your data center – The company maintains three modern data centers, in Dallas and Seattle in the U.S. and Amsterdam, Netherlands. Choose the one closest to your target audience to enjoy the best speeds and availability.
- Windows hosting – Hostwinds is one of the only companies to offer both Windows hosting and bitcoin payment. You can opt for Windows on any VPS plan with the company, whether managed or unmanaged.
- Optional backups – A backup service is available for an additional monthly cost. The service works completely automatically, creating nightly copies of your website that can be restored if needed.
|2 in the US, 1 in Europe
3. Namecheap – Donates to the Cause of Online Privacy and Offers Extra Features for Free
Namecheap, as the name implies, started out as an especially cheap registrar for domain names. It has since expanded its operation to include web hosting, from shared to VPS and dedicated servers, and it accepts bitcoin as a form of payment.
I’ve come to think of the company as “Good Guy Namecheap,” due to it being one of the few companies in the industry to truly champion online privacy. Customers really appreciate it because it donates to foundations fighting for users’ rights to privacy and has publicly taken a stance against government initiatives that intrude on them.
In addition, Namecheap’s hosting services are not to be taken lightly. Performance is more than adequate, especially if your audience is located around the US or the UK, and all plans include great features like a free content delivery network (CDN) and backup tools.
- Use cryptocurrency to fund your account balance – Instead of paying for the services with CoinPayments and waiting for payment authorization, use BitPay to fund your account balance. Payment can be made with either bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash.
- Free WhoisGuard – Namecheap provides Whois protection for no extra charge. Enable the option during checkout and your details will not be visible in the Whois database.
- Easy WordPress hosting – WordPress plans come with automatic installation, an SSL certificate, and a one-click backup feature.
- Secure SFTP access – Namecheap includes SFTP with its most basic plans, enabling you to keep your site-managing activities completely secure.
|1 in the US, 2 in Europe
Hostwinds in another popular web host that accept Bitcoin. It started its journey form 2010 and since then it has been providing different types of web hosting services like Shared, VPS (Virtual Private Server), Dedicated, WordPress Hosting, Cloud, and Reseller Hosting Packages.
With a 60-day money back guarantee and a 99.99% uptime guarantee, you can trust them to host your next site on Hostwinds. It promises 100% satisfaction.
Hostwinds accepts different types of payment methods including Bitcoin.
- Different Types Of Web Hosts.
- Different Payment Methods Including Bitcoin & Skrill.
- Dedicated Support System.
- Smart Customization Options.
- Fast Loading Speed.
5. Bitcoin Web Hosting
As the name suggests, it’s a web hosting service which is designed for Bitcoin transaction. It is an offshore and anonymous web hosting service provider.
According to the website, it accepts different payment methods including Bitcoin, PayPal, Western Union, Moneygram, and so on.
The web host offers different types of hosting like Shared, Dedicated Server, VPS, etc. Along with cPanel and Plesk, most of the plans are based on Linux.
This excellent host provider company offers a standard plan including shared, dedicated server hosting, VPS and so on. Along with cPanel and Plesk Bitcoin’s most of the plans are Linux based hosting like Ubuntu or Debian. Here are some basic features of the Bitcoin hosting:
- 99.9% Network Uptime Guarantee.
- Free Domain Name.
- Dedicated IP.
- Domain Registration Facility.
- 1 Click Installation.
- 45- Day Money Back Guarantees.
- cPanel Hosting.
- 24/7/365 Personalized Dedicated Support.
- Affordable Pricing Plan.
- Multiple Payment Methods.
6. Hawk Host
Founded as Devoted Host in 2004, the company has rebranded itself as Hawk Host in 2008. Since then, it has been providing different web hosting solutions with different payment options like monthly, three-monthly, six-monthly or yearly payment options.
One of the most amazing things is that its servers automatically repair themselves if any problem arises. However, apart from this automation, the company renders awesome support in the form of a ticketing system that is available 24/7.
- Unlimited Bandwidth & Space.
- SSD Storage.
- Unlimited Domain Hosting,
- Free Memcache Server.
- Free SSL Certificate.
- Free Migration Facility.
- 1 GB Network Ports.
- 24/7/365 Support.
Still, cryptocurrency hasn’t gained much popularity over the world so that there are still very a few web hosting companies that accept Bitcoin as a payment. From the few credible hosting companies, I mentioned above the best out of the rest.
Now, it’s entirely up to you to pick one from the list. I’ve tried to list out the best ones only.
Let’s us know if any other renown hosts accept Bitcoin.