Are you a YouTuber who’s looking for the best YouTube keyword tools? Want to start a YouTube channel and get more views in 2023? You’re in the right place.
One of the most effective ways to increase your YouTube video views is to do keyword research.
Keyword research is the process of finding words and phrases that people use when searching for information on a particular topic.
The #1 goal of YouTube keyword research is to identify the most relevant and popular keywords that can be used to optimize your videos on YouTube to get more views.
In this post, we’ll talk about the following;
- Best tools for YouTube keyword research
- Their benefits
- Pricing plans and free trials
Are you ready? Let’s jump into the details.
Table of Contents
10 Best YouTube Keyword Research Tools [2023 List]
TubeBuddy is the BEST keyword research tool for YouTube. It is one of the most popular browser extensions used by over 10 million YouTube creators to optimize their videos and channels.
If you’re looking for a powerful YouTube growth tool, TubeBuddy is a must-try. You can use it to find top-performing keywords, analyze your competitors and get more views on YouTube.
To get started, simply enter any topic or keyword and it will show you all the keyword data.
See that? You’ll get access to many things, including;
- The overall score for the keyword based on its popularity, searches, etc
- Related keyword terms
- Common video tags you can use and much more
Benefits of TubeBuddy:
- The “Insta Suggest” feature gives you YouTube video tag suggestions in real-time as you type
- Access to “Auto Translator,” which helps you translate video titles and descriptions into other languages
- Keyword Explorer helps you find long-tail keywords and trending topics for almost ANY topic
- Opportunity Finder enables you to identify keywords and search terms outside of YouTube’s website
- SEO Studio allows you to optimize your video’s metadata for your target keywords
- Search Explorer helps you discover search terms based on search volume, competition, and overall score
- Search Positions helps you quickly find where your video ranks in YouTube search
- Rank Tracking helps you track your YouTube video rankings for your target keywords
- Video A/B Tests & Title Generator helps you analyze your titles, meta description, thumbnails, etc.
- View and Copy Video Tags help you find what your competitor is tagging their videos with
How much does TubeBuddy cost?
TubeBuddy offers a free plan that comes with limited features. If you want to unlock all its powerful features, go with its premium plans listed below.
1. Pro: This is the cheapest plan from TubeBuddy, which costs just $2.80 per month (if billed annually) and offers features like Thumbnail Generator, Video Topic Planner, Advanced Video Embed, etc.
If you’ve less than 1000 YouTube subscribers, you can use RisingStarBuddy coupon on the checkout page to get 50% off on this plan.
2. Star: This plan costs $9.20 per month (if billed annually) and is suitable for YouTube creators who want to save more time. Here’s what you’ll get;
- Publish to Facebook
- Best Time to Publish
- Best Practice Audit
- SEO Studio
- Search Positions
- Keyword Explorer
- Search Explorer and more
3. Legend: This plan costs $21.20 per month (if billed annually) and is suitable for YouTube creators who want access to data-driven resources. You’ll get features like;
- Click magnet
- Competitor scorecard
- Competitor Upload Alerts
- Export Comments
- Retention Analyzer
- Brand Alerts and much more
So what are you waiting for?
KeywordTool.io is an incredible freemium keyword tool that you can use to discover traffic-generating keyword ideas for YouTube.
KeywordTool.io uses Google Autocomplete to generate hundreds of long-tail keywords for any keyword or topic.
Just enter any topic or keyword term on their tool and it will show you a list of related YouTube keywords.
For the example seed keyword “blogging,” the tool generated a ton of relevant keyword suggestions. With the Pro account, you’ll also get access to Search Volume, Trend, Average CPC details, etc.
Benefits of KeywordTool.io:
- It helps you get over 750+ long-tail keywords from YouTube autocomplete
- Allows you to localize results to all countries
- It can also be used to find excellent keywords for YouTube video ads
- Find popular YouTube hashtags to use within your videos to get more views
- Get search volume data for 192 countries and 46 languages
- 100% accurate search volume from Google Ads or Bing
- Google Ads Competition Data
- Access to CPC data
- Competitor Keyword Analysis
- Bulk Search Volume Analysis
How much does KeywordTool.io cost?
KeywordTool.io offers a free plan with limited features. It provides the following three premium pricing plans.
1. Basic: This is the cheapest plan from KeywordTool.io, which costs you $69 per month (if billed annually) and offers the following features.
- Access to search volume data
- One user access
- Competitor Keyword Analysis
- 7000 keywords per day (for bulk keyword search volume analysis)
2. Plus: If you want to unlock all the features, go with this plan and it costs you $79 per month (if billed annually) and offers the following features.
- All the features from the Basic plan
- Cost-Per-Click Data
- Google Ads Competition Data
- Five user accounts
- 35,000 keywords per day (for bulk keyword search volume analysis)
3. Business: If you’re an agency or business, go with this plan, as it offers multiple user accounts with more data. It costs you $159 per month (if billed annually) and provides the following features.
- All the features from the Plus plan
- Ten user accounts
- 70,000 keywords per day (for bulk keyword search volume analysis)
- API access with 50 requests per day
Want to quickly discover keyword, title and description recommendations to get more video views on YouTube? Want to find the best keywords for YouTube channel? Then, vidIQ is just for you.
vidIQ will give you all the tools you need to grow your YouTube channel and get more views on your videos.
It also offers a free browser extension which helps you improve your videos’ performance, subscriber engagement, and much more.
Here’s how the vidIQ keyword research works;
Simply enter a topic and vidIQ will show you all the keyword data, including related keywords, trending videos, interest over time, and much more.
Using vidIQ, you can also get reports on how many views-per-hour a competitor is getting on a trending topic, etc.
Benefits of vidIQ:
- Generate bulk YouTube descriptions
- Access to a powerful keyword research tool
- Find out “Most Viewed Videos”
- Quickly discover the top tweets for videos
- Discover what content your audience is searching for
- It gives access to channel audit, which shows you how your content is performing, what’s working well for you, and what issues your channel has
- Competitor tracking and much more
- Competitors Tool allows you to follow the competition
- The ability to promote your videos via Description Campaigns
- See how many times someone on Facebook, Twitter, etc
How much does vidIQ cost?
vidIQ offers a free plan which comes with limited features. If you want all the features, go with its premium plans listed below.
1. Pro: This is the cheapest plan as its pricing starts only at $7.50 per month, where you get up to 10 daily ideas, up to 6 competitors tracking, and more.
2. Boost: This plan starts at $39 per month, where you get access to all the features, including up to 50 daily ideas, up to 10 competitors tracking, and more.
3. Max: This plan starts at $79 per month, where you get access to all the features, including up to 50 daily ideas, up to 20 competitors tracking, and more.
YouTube autosuggest or YouTube autocomplete is the easiest way to find what keywords people are looking for on YouTube.
As you start typing a topic or keyword into YouTube’s search bar, YouTube will automatically suggest popular keywords and phrases related to what you’re typing.
As you can see above, when you enter a topic or keyword phrase, YouTube instantly shows you relevant long-tail keyword suggestions which can be used as YouTube keywords.
These automatic suggestions from YouTube searches can give you an idea of the types of keywords people are using to find videos on a particular topic.
As these keyword terms are directly coming from YouTube, you can definitely consider them and do further keyword research on those phrases.
Benefits of YouTube Autosuggest:
- It’s free and fast
- It gives you the up-to-date keyword suggestions that people use (as the data is directly coming from YouTube)
- You can find unlimited keywords
- It expands the suggestions as additional letters are typed
How much does YouTube Autosuggest cost?
It’s totally free to use. You can simply sign into your YouTube account and start typing keywords or topics to begin keyword research.
Final Thoughts on YouTube Keyword Tools
There are a ton of Best YouTube Keyword Tools available that can help you identify popular YouTube keywords and phrases related to your topic.
Few are free and others are paid tools. Use a combination and free and paid tools (like Semrush and YouTube autosuggest) to discover hidden keywords on YouTube.